Here are 40 Brilliant and Thought-Provoking “The Matrix Quotes and Dialogues”. These include quotes by Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, Oracle, Architect, Agent Smith, Merovingian and many more.
Before getting into The Matrix Trilogy Quotes and Dialogues, let’s first see the basic plot of the movie itself.
The Matrix Trilogy is one of the best science fiction movie series that’s ever been made. The first movie of the trilogy “The Matrix” being released in 1999, it is still fresh in our minds.
Basic Plot of the “The Matrix”
Set in the dystopian future, human beings are subjugated by sentient machines.
Human beings are connected to a program called “The Matrix“.
Due to this program, the reality perceived by human beings is not the actual reality. It is a dream world which is almost similar to the real world.
But since human beings have no idea about this, they react to every situation in the dream world as they do in the real world.
This generates heat and electrical activity in the human body which is used by the machines as their energy source.
But one human being referred to as “The One” or Neo in the movie is born to save human beings from the machines.
He is able to do because there is an anomaly in the code of “The Matrix”. Machines are not able to identify this anomaly or bug in the code of the program.
This anomaly gives Neo special powers which he uses to save humanity from the machines. Will, he is able to do so?
For this, you have to watch the complete Matrix Trilogy starting from “The Matrix” (1999), “The Matrix Reloaded” (2003) and “The Matrix Revolutions” (2003).
The Matrix Resurrections (2021) follows Neo, who finds himself trapped in a new version of the Matrix and must rediscover his true identity to fight against its control.
Apart from Neo (played by Keanu Reeves), there are many interesting characters in the Matrix trilogy like Morpheus, Trinity, Oracle, Architect, Agent Smith & other Agents and many more.
40 Brilliant and Thought-Provoking “The Matrix Quotes & Dialogues”
The Matrix Quotes and Dialogues (1999)
1. Neo: Ever have that feeling where you’re not sure if you’re awake or dreaming?
2. Morpheus to Neo: Let me tell you why you’re here. You are here because you know something. What you know, you can’t explain. But you feel it.
3. Trinity: It is the question that drives us.
4. Morpheus: You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he’s expecting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Neo.
Morpheus: Why not?
Neo: Because I don’t like the idea that I’m not in control of my life.
5. Morpheus: Time is always against us.
6. Morpheus to Neo: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?
7. Morpheus to Neo: What is “real”? How do you define “real”? If you’re talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, taste and see then “real” is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
8. Morpheus: Don’t think you are. Know you are.
9. Morpheus: You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, Doubt and Disbelief. Free your mind.
10. Mouse: To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
11. Child: Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Child: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Child: Then you’ll see that it is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.
The Matrix Reloaded Quotes and Dialogues (2003)
12. Morpheus: I do not believe it to be a matter of hope, it is simply a matter of time.
13. Oracle: We can never see past the choices we don’t understand.
14. The Merovingian: Who has time? But then, if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?
15. Councillor: Nobody cares how it works as long as it works.
16. Seraph: You do not truly know someone until you fight them.
17. Oracle: We’re all here to do what we’re all here to do.
18. Agent Smith to Neo: We’re not here because we’re free. We’re here because we are not free. There’s no escaping reason, no denying purpose. Because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist. lt is purpose that created us. Purpose that connects us. Purpose that pulls us. That guides us. That drives us. lt is purpose that defines. Purpose that binds us.
19. Councillor: Comprehension is not a requisite of cooperation.
20. The Merovingian: Beneath our poised appearance, the truth is, we are completely out of control.
Causality. There is no escape from it. We are forever slaves to it.
Our only hope, our only peace, is to understand it, to understand the why. “Why” is what separates us from them, you from me. “Why” is the only real source of power. Without it, you are powerless.
21. The Keymaker: We do only what we’re meant to do.
22. The Architect: Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.
23. Morpheus: What happened happened and couldn’t have happened any other way.
The Matrix Revolutions Quotes and Dialogues (2003)
24. Oracle: The real test for any choice is having to make the same choice again knowing fully well what it might cost.
25. The Merovingian: It is remarkable how similar the pattern of love is to the pattern of insanity.
26. Agent Smith: Appearances can be deceiving.
27. Oracle: Everything that has a beginning has an end.
The Matrix Resurrections Quotes and Dialogues (2021)
28. Morpheus: Not all seek to control. Just as not all wish to be free.
29. Morpheus: Nothing comforts anxiety like little nostalgia.
30. The Analyst: The sheeple aren’t going anywhere. They like my world. They don’t want this sentimentality. They don’t want freedom or empowerment. They want to be controlled. They crave the comfort of certainty.
31. Agent Smith: What has the world come to when you can’t even trust a program?
32. The Analyst: Here’s the thing about feelings. They’re so much easier to control than facts.
33. The Analyst: Did you know hope and despair are nearly identical in code?
34. Niobe: Nothing can breed violence like scarcity.
35. Agent Smith: That’s the thing about stories. They never really end, do they? We’re still telling the same stories we’ve always told, just with different names, different faces…
36. Bugs: The choice is an illusion. You already know what you have to do.
38. Trinity to Neo: There’s a part of me that feels like I have been waiting my whole life for you. And that part is like, “What the hell took you so long?”
39. Niobe: It’s so easy to forget how much noise the Matrix pumps into your head until you unplug. Something else makes the same kind of noise. Takes over every damn thing, just like the Matrix. War.
40. Morpheus to Neo: They taught you good. Made you believe their world was all you deserved. But some part of you knew that was a lie. Some part of you remembered what was real.
- Top 24 Classic Godfather Quotes & Dialogues Filled With Life Lessons
- 15 Thought Provoking Doctor Strange Quotes & Dialogues
- 32 Joker Quotes That Will Show You The Reality of This Cruel World
- Top 50+ Best Anime Quotes Of All Time
- 55 Incredible Lion King Quotes (2019) That Will Change Your Life
- 17 Best Lakshya Movie Dialogues, Quotes And Scenes Featuring Hrithik Roshan
If you like Matrix Quotes, don’t forget to share it on your WhatsApp and Facebook and let your friends and family members know about this article.